Colored Contact Lenses
Know little about contact lenses? Just read the information below, and then you will get what you want.
What are colored contacts?
Colored contact lenses, sometimes we also called them a corneal contact lens, which is put on your eyeball cornea to protect your eyes and corrected vision. According to materials rigidity, we divided into three main types of contact lens solution that includes hardness, semi-hard, and softness. For these people who have short-sighted, have hyperopia, and have astigmatism, own colored contact lenses will help a lot. Not only can make them more beautiful in appearance but also can bring big convenient for going out or travel.
To some degree, contact lenses will play an important role in the control and cure of eye disease. However, when you want to wear contact lenses, you’d better do a detailed examination in a hospital or professional organization to help you choose your suitable colored contact lenses.
Colored contact lenses technology development
Three main contact lenses technology you will know.
First is the dry printing technology. In this technology, the contact lenses usually are put color outside or inside the lens. This method is quite simple as well as needs low cost, however, it will bring bad experiences, such as easily fade, so it has disappeared in 2010.
Second is the popular sandwich-making way, which is printed contact lenses between these two lenses, which perfectly avoids the fade problem. Because the pigment is in these two lenses, the produce way is complicated. Many contact lenses in the market have adopted these methods.
The third way differs from the two ways, which color the lens in the middle of a layer of the lens. Using this way also can solve the fade problem, and this product type is simple, as well as can give you a comfortable feeling when wears contact lenses.
Contact lenses materials
There are also three colored contact lenses materials just like the production technology, which includes common regular materials, silicone hydrogel materials, and non-ionic materials. However, considering the wearing feeling, lens fitness, lens moisture, and softness, we mainly choose silicone hydrogel materials.
Colored contact lenses figure
When you choose your contact lens solution, there are several main figures you can consider. They are radial, punctual, vaporous, circle, irregularly, and so on. Just like the name applied, choose different contact lenses, you will see various figures on them. No matter which you choose, it has no effect on the contact lenses degree.
1, 2, 3, 4 tones of contact lenses
Aimed at different lens color combinations, we grouped these colored contact lenses with a single tone, double tones, three tones, and four tones.
- Single-tone means that there is only one color in contact lenses. Usually, the black and brown types are very famous.
- Two tones lenses mainly add to black or dark outer ring, which mainly offer the enlarging effect, make your eyes look more sparkling.
- Three tones contact lenses add another color than two tones contact lenses. There are also have several types you can choose from.
- Four tones colored contact lenses add another color than three tunes, besides the color 3 tunes hold, it also increases gray or black outer ring to provide the enlarging effect.
For some new friends in contact lenses, sometimes, you will feel uncomfortable when wearing colored contact lenses, one of the reasons may be your corneal is short of oxygen. Under normal conditions, our corneal needs to breathe. When the contact lenses’ OTR is not up to standard, maybe your eyes will not feel well. So when you choose your new contact lenses, you need to take the OTR into account carefully.
- Ensure pinch off the contact lenses when sleeping to offer corneal more breath and oxygen.
- Due to different wear place, for example, the frame glasses are on the front of your eyes, while the contact lenses are so near to corneal that don’t have the distance effect like frame glasses, in some degree, for myopia, the degree of contact lenses is less than frame glasses.
- Ensure pinch off your contact lenses when swimming just to avoid this microorganism in water that will pollute the lens.